Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year 2012!

Happy New Year everyone!
Blogger's December BOM. This is the block that Pat Sloan has designed for us. For directions you can click on the Mariner's compass star on the right.

 This mug rug I made for my friend Jean W. She let me borrow her magazine with the pine tree paper piecing pattern. It is the December 2009 issue of American Quilt and Patchwork. The little quilt in this magazine is very pretty.
The mug rug is 6X9 inches, just right for a mug and a cookie. She doesn't know that I made this for her. I will be collecting fabrics to make the quilt soon.

Beyond the Cherry Tree Block 1
The Beyond the Cherry Tree BOM is almost done. If you have not seen this beautiful quilt, you are in for a treat. It is available at Sentimental Stitches. It has been over 2 years of monthly postings; and the last border and block 25 are not posted yet. I have been collecting the blocks; but did not start making the quilt yet.
It all changes now; I am ready to start with block 1. I have pinned all these pieces to the background fabric, took the picture to see it on the design all; and will start making changes. For example, the light green will have to go; the red berries will have bright yellow/orange centers. This will be a happy, not too serious quilt. The blocks will have various background; but all 4 borders will be this same fabric because I love these dots. No promises of finishing it anytime soon. Quilting is my avocation and I am resolving that I will not be stressed in 2012 by things that are supposed to be my fun activities.

1 comment:

  1. Happy new yeasr to you too! Quilting should be fun, not stressful:)

    ReplyDelete

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...