Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Block and Sylvia's album

This block is my new addition to Sylvia's Bridal quilt. It is the "trip around the world" block. I did finish it last week; but did not have a camera to take pictures. But now Dear Santa gave me a gorgeous hot pink Sony Cyber-shot and he is even letting me try it Ü
Well it is supposed to be packed until Christmas; but one needs to know if it works or not.

The Christmas block here is the one I made using the DOQ (my local guild) green challenge fabric. The block is 12 inches (12 1/2" unfinished). If you want to make a similar one. You will need:
From the background fabric:
2- 2 1/2" x 12 1/2" strips (for top and bottom)
2- 2 1/2" x 6 1/2" strips (both sides)
2- 21/2" x 4 1/2" strips (both sides of the bowl)
2 half square triangles. I use the same 2 1/2" strips and the Easy Angle ruler to cut them. But the square have to be 2 1/2" , so it can be also cut from a 2 7/8" square.

From the Green Fabric:
2- 3 1/2" x 6 1/2" strips.

From the red fabric:
1 strip 2 1/2" by 6 1/2"
2 half square triangles like the background above.
Sew the half square triangles to make the  squares that will be the bowl. Sew the other strips to complete the block as shown on the picture.
Very easy and quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...