The last finish of 2018 was this Dresden Flower quilt. It was a lot of experimentation for me. I did the quilt on my embroidery machine and I quilted before I did applique the Dresdens. I planned to make it a little bigger; but I did accidently cut the curved pieces smaller than I planned on paper. The measure twice and cut once did not came in play here. But it was serendipity because I like it better this way; and it was easier to quilt.
The gorgeous Dresdens were made by my bee, the Cotton Pickin Bee, as a challenge in 2018. We decided on the colors for the Dresdens; but the rest was up to each person. The Dresdens were hand appliqued on the quilted top.
I will take a picture of the complete quilt soon. It is a remodeling zone here; and the mess is too much to document in pictures.