Sunday, December 4, 2011

Orca Bay sew along 2 and 3

 This half square triangle made using 2" strips that are cut with the Easy Angle ruler, are my version of the step 3 for the Orca Bay Mystery. Of the 350, I have about 200 made. The rest will not be sewn for a couple of weeks. I will keep collecting the "clues" and will be making them later.
 The blue 3 1/2" blocks above are a few of the 70 something we are suppose to make for step 2. I have about half made and that is all I can do for now. I am having a lot of fun with family and friends. I love to sew; but my philosophy is "people first and sewing second." When I have down time, I will continue to sew. I have the best of both worlds!

4 comments:

  1. Great blocks and a great philosophy. The fabric will be there when you're ready. Enjoy your friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look great and it will be fun to finish after the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely....family and people first.
    Heck I just finished last years mystery this month! It is not a race, just enjoy the process as Bonnie reminds us over and over.

    Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading the other blogs where they have done every step so far.....I'm still haven't basted Carolina Christmas...though seeing it on Bonnie's bed did make me put it next in line to be quilted.

    ReplyDelete

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...