Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thirty's Cotton Bowl Quilt

Just as I am getting ready to send my entry to our Guild's quilt show, I realized that I have never put a picture of my version of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt for 2010 on my blog.
She called it Roll, Roll, Cotton Bowl. Since I used 1930's reproduction fabrics, mine is "Thirty's Cotton Bowl."
I finished it in 2011 and Gayle Sparrow did the outstanding quilting on her long arm machine.
The DOQ (Durham Orange Quilt) Guild show will be at the American Tobacco Campus in Durham, North Carolina from October 19- 21 2012.
 Admission is $5.00. For directions and more information follow the link to the website.
www.durhamorangequilters.org

It is one of the largest quilt show in North Carolina and really worth visiting.

2 comments:

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...