Thursday, September 2, 2010

Quilts at the museum

The Museum of Life and Science in Durham, NC had invited the Durham Orange Quilt Guild to have a show of quilts with animal theme this summer (2010). No domesticated animals to be displayed. I have submitted 2 quilts. "School day" based on the work on symmetry by Ruth McDowell and my "Hungry Caterpillar" based on the book by Eric Carle. The fish quilt I drew to make small fish than Ruth has on her book; and they don't have the 3-D fins that Ruth designed. The caterpillar I also drew from the pictures on the book.
I had fun making these quilts and hope that it was fun for the visitors of the museum to see our quilts. This is a great museum to visit, specially with your little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...