Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Modern Quilt Guild Challenge



This quilt in progress is made from a package of 40, 10" squares donated to us by the Robert Kaufman company. Thank you R.K. and John for getting the fabric to us. It is lots of fun to work on this quilt. The use of these fabrics in a project is our challenge for our October meeting. The fabric line is "Glam Garden." The light fabric I added from my stash of fabrics. I still have 5 squares left and I will make another small quilt with it. The blocks are 8" and the quilt is 40" x 40". This is the size that works well for the top of my stairs.
DH saw this quilt and said "India." He has been to India for work a few times and love the place and people. He said it reminded him of the colors of India.
Oh, the messy studio was organized after I saw these pictures and decided it was time to organize it :-)
In addition, I have to make a 12" block and it will be put together with blocks from other members of the guild for a donation quilt. Better get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...