Thursday, August 5, 2010

July 2010 summary

This singer machine was made in 1935 in the USA. It is in very good shape and uses a knee control to sew. It belonged to someone(s) that smoked and it needs some air to take care of the smell. But sews really well. I love the way it looks. Just need to work on that smell of ashtrays.

July was a very busy month around here. Check out the new gifts for my B-day from DH. I love my new to me toys. My Featherweight is another one of my gifts . It was made in 1952 in Elizabeth Town New Jersey. The paint finish is in need of some TLC; but the machine sews like a dream after some much needed tune up by Woody in Elon. He has been fixing sewing machines for 69 years. North Carolina used to be an important textile center before manufacturers moved to cheap labor ports. So he new a thing or two about this machine and showed me how to keep up with the care. I may have the paint done sometime in the future.
Next post I will show the first quilt made by me using the Featherweight.






The quilt pictured here is called Star'87. It is my quilt entrance fo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...