Thursday, September 3, 2009


This large flower poster is really a whole wall in the Bondi Junction Mall. I loved the colors and shape of the flowers. I would love to make a quilt with such a design. Lots of inspiration around here.

The photo on the right is a monument on Oxford Road. It is all covered by knitting. It is an idea that started in England (I think) where knitters get together and make covers for monuments. Than when they finish they go at night and make their installation. It is a clean form of grafitti. It is pretty in person. I would have it made in red.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cissa!

    I love the idea of the knitwear-covered monuments. I have a couple of blog buddies in Florida who do something similar: they call it guerrilla knitting. One friend made a knitted sleeve for a young tree in her local park and put it on in the middle of the night. But a few days later it was gone. :(

    It looks like you are having lots of fun - love the pictures from the beach!

    xoxo,

    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...