Monday, September 21, 2009

happy spring/fall



Happy Spring to the ones on the Southern side of Earth and Happy Fall to the ones on the northern side. Expcept that in Australia, spring starts on September 1st, so I am a bit late. Sorry.
These photos are from a flower show at David Jones store in central Sydney. This year, to my luck, they used Australian native flowers for the display. It was just gorgeous.
I have learned the name of most of this flowers because I am making a quilt with a fabric with Australian flowers. It is very hard to pick a favourite. The red one below is called Albany Bottle Brush. I see several of these plants around where I am living. It is very pretty. I also love the Golden Wattle and kangaroo paw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...