Saturday, September 26, 2009

Challenge quilt in progress


This is a work in progress. So bear with me.
The Quilt Guild of New South Wales has a challenge every year. I have been a new member since August; therefore, I can participate in the challenge. The theme is "What tickles your fancy."
The quilt is a wall hang and the size must be 16" by 24".
It will be part of a travelling show for 2 years. The quilts are lent to groups across Australia for their program. It will be sent back to me in 2 years. This quilt will know more of Australia than I can imagine. I hope it will bring joy to the people that sees it; and that will encourage other people to try quilting. I had so much fun making it!
I didn't have a sewing machine here but the guild has one in their office. I was able to go there and borrow all the tools I needed to make it. I also met the most wonderful people in the office.
The fabric is a print of Australian Native flowers. It is a beautiful fabric. The names of the flowers are printed in the fabric, so it is a great learning tool.
The photos of the finished quilt will come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll do my best to answer all comments. Thank you

My work at the Houston Quilt Festival 2017

It is hanging at the "Texas Quilt Guild Showcase." What an honor to be in such talented company.