Saturday, September 26, 2009

Challenge quilt in progress


This is a work in progress. So bear with me.
The Quilt Guild of New South Wales has a challenge every year. I have been a new member since August; therefore, I can participate in the challenge. The theme is "What tickles your fancy."
The quilt is a wall hang and the size must be 16" by 24".
It will be part of a travelling show for 2 years. The quilts are lent to groups across Australia for their program. It will be sent back to me in 2 years. This quilt will know more of Australia than I can imagine. I hope it will bring joy to the people that sees it; and that will encourage other people to try quilting. I had so much fun making it!
I didn't have a sewing machine here but the guild has one in their office. I was able to go there and borrow all the tools I needed to make it. I also met the most wonderful people in the office.
The fabric is a print of Australian Native flowers. It is a beautiful fabric. The names of the flowers are printed in the fabric, so it is a great learning tool.
The photos of the finished quilt will come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...