Friday, February 28, 2014

February progress update

Sue Spargo was in town and taught a 2 days workshop on how to embroider on wool. We started with this kit. We prepared the kit to this point before class. I am still adding to my top; but this is where it all starts. If you have a chance to take one of her classes I say, just do it.

Benjamin Biggs block 2 has been completed and block 3 should be coming on March 1st. I am loving making these blocks.

This lovely block is very old and needed to be repaired and finished up. It is actually completed; but this is the beginning. I did applique this Italian silk to the corner of the block to fill in a gap. 

Soupçon is up to date to step 4. It measures 17" to this point and the next border (step 5) will have hexies that are 1/2". Let the fun begin.
The last step (6) will be available on March 14th. 
I will add more embroidery to the center; but I will wait until it is quilted to add beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...