Sunday, February 2, 2014

Quilting finished in January 2014


End of January and I have finished a few more of the "work in progress."
Flower Garden is almost all pieced. I have all the 1139 squares sewn into sashings; but not yet attached to the top. It is hanging like this (top photo), on my design wall so I can see it as a whole.
I also finished 2 more blocks for the Beyond the Cherry Tree (BTCT), top. I still have 2 more to go and all 4 borders; but I just enjoy the sewing.
To be honest, I always dreaded the grape block; but it was fast and fun to make. Who knew?
I have already prepared another BTCT block. I am also finishing an wool applique for a Sue Spargo workshop coming up.
Time to turn on the TV for Super Bowl and some sewing time.

Busy design wall

BTCT block 16

BTCT block 24

3 comments:

  1. I really love everything about this quilt. I can't wait to see it finished and quilted. It looks like a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Flower Garden quilt! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Flower Garden looks amazing. There is so much work in those quilts, but they do look fantastic when they are finished. I hope you're enjoying the journey.

    ReplyDelete

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...