Monday, March 24, 2014

WIP for March

Soupçon top is done
When the cat is out the mouse plays. So, I have had some time to work on a few of the many projects I have in progress. I finished this SAL (sew along) from faeriesandfibres.blogspot.ca. It was a 6 parts project. I used it to practice some great techniques. 

Center block with some Lady Bugs embroidered
Benjamin Biggs (BB) block 3 is also done. I am using mostly French General fabrics. I don't pre-wash my fabrics, and the one used to make the central ring shrank a lot. So, I had to iron it in submission. It is still not completely flat; but it will work in the end. Better wash the rest of it.
BB block 3

Central block for Mrs Billings' Coverlet (12 inches)
The last picture is the central block for Mrs Billings' Coverlet. It is a pattern from Somerset Design in Melbourne, Australia.
 I will make it very scrappy; and this center  is made with some French General and Tilda fabrics. The striped border is cut larger than needed; but I will only trim it when the next row is ready. I have 13 more borders to go; therefore, this will look very different at the end.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects - and lots of lovely red and blue fabrics in there! Love the corner blocks in the Mrs B.
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out Cissa! I love your Soupcon quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I'll do my best to answer all comments. Thank you

16 Patch Star

This block was made using all the fabrics available for a challenge. It is 12.5 inches unfinished. The small squares are cut at 2 inches ...