Thursday, May 17, 2012

Knitting Socks

I love to knit! I have done it on and off for the past X decades. 
Socks are a favorite too. They are fast and portable. I have no idea how many pairs of socks I have knitted. 
This yarn was a gift from a friend. I love it! The yarn is very colorful and I have chosen a simple basket weave pattern just to add a little texture because nothing else will show.
The yarn is "Tofutsies" It has: superwash wool, soysilk, cotton and "Chitin." Chitin, according to the label is "fiber from shrimp, and crab shells! It's naturally antibacterial."
Love it so far; but the best part is that I am very allergic to shrimp. But I can knit with it fine. It will be a pleasure to step on it when these socks are done.

The pattern for the basket weave sstitch is from the knitting pattern calendar (September 2, if you have the calendar):
Multiple of 4+3 stitches
Row 1&3 (right side) knit
Row 2 *k3, p1 rep from* to last 3 st k3
Row 4 k1,*p1, k3; rep from * to last 2 st p1,k1
repeat 4 rows.
BUT as you can see I use 2 circular knitting needles to knit in a circle and for that reason, you just mark where your row start and knit to the end of that row. The information after the * is redundant.
When you get to the end of that row (back to your marker), just move on to the next row on the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...