Sunday, February 26, 2012

Great Saturday all around



Just came home from visiting my "Birding" quilt that is at the Mid Atlantic Quilt Festival in Hampton Virginia. I went with 53 of my guild friends on a bus to the show. It was one of the best days of my life. My friend Jean F (my new manager :-)),  had prepared a lot of surprises for me since I was the only one on the bus that had a quilt on the show. She had the whole bus singing a song for me as I got in the bus. It was before 6:00AM, mind you. She made a special hat and vest with everything birds. She helped me take pictures of the quilt at the show; and on the way home she had us all toasting with Champagne on the bus. I had a special glass with bird stickers. I feel like I have the "best of show" friends in the world. Thank you all for such a great day. Thanks Jean for being the best "manager" ever!

2 comments:

  1. thank you all for the lovely e-mails. CK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is wonderful! What beautiful, generous friends you have, too, to treat you to such an exciting day. I think you deserved it :-))

    ReplyDelete

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...