Thursday, June 10, 2010

North Carolina Quilt Symposium



The weekend of June 3-5 2010 was the North Carolina Symposium and Charlotte Quilter's Guild show. I did not participate in the workshops; but went for the day to see the show. Very nice indeed. I did not take a lot of pictures but have read the blogs at Pat Sloan blog and others which contain great pictures. I also went to Mary Jo's fabric store in Gastonia. Well worth the trip. On the way back stop at Ikea to buy some bar stools for the kitchen. Very productive and fund day. My son went with me and while I was at the show he explored downtown Charlotte. I think he had fun also. He are some of my photos.
The top one is by Nancy Pendersen and won Best Hand Quilting. The second one won several ribbons including best of show and it is by Leah Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...