Sunday, September 17, 2023

Bakers dozen

My Bakers' Dozen quilt is finished.

This is a Jan Kingwell pattern that finished at 73 inches square. 

I used a Gelato fat quarter bundle and a variety of white fabrics from several collections and even a piece of white fabric that was made in North Carolina, probably quite a few decades ago, since all the mills were closed in that state when manufacturing moved to Asia.

I am calling my quilt "Humble Pie Bakers Dozen". I had to remake the blocks more than once. This quilt requires attention to detail and correct positioning of the various pieces that are very similar. Not a good thing when you are distracted by life events.

But I am very pleased with it. I quilted the top in the embroidery machine hoop using an Amelie Scott design.

Bakers Dozen Back



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...