Friday, May 28, 2021

Pojagi My Way

After many years of trying to learn to make the Sam Sol stitch by hand (the traditional way), I finally learned it. Thanks to The Quilt Show guest Youngmin Lee demonstration.
I have tried for many years to take a class in Seoul. But no one would demonstrate it for me. 
So, I did buy the ramie fabrics, and brought them home.
 I made a few attempts before; but now I learned the proper technique. This is my first one. I can't wait to make more items.
This stitch is the whipping stitch used to make the Pojagi fabrics.


 

1 comment:

  1. I love the new style of quilting- it should attract a whole new generation with the modern looks and also the fact of being the epitome of sustainability.

    ReplyDelete

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...