Sunday, March 14, 2021

I have finally finished my Allietare quilt. The top has been finished since 2017; but only now it was quilted. 
It was a mystery quilt from Bonnie Hunter in 2017!!! I only made about 1/2 of the blocks from her instructions. I did not want to make a large quilt from the start. 
I recently read about making single fold binding for wall hangers, placemats, and other table top quilts. The binding sits flatter and keeps stem glasses safely on the table. 
I have to say, I love it. 
The binding for this quilt was cut 1.5 inches wide; and attached the same way the double binding is attached with a 1/4 inch seam allowance and so on and so forth. 
I will use this more often on my quilts where I want the biding to be flatter and not so bulky.
I machine quilted it on a Bernina 780 using the embroidery module and a quilt design by Amelie Scott.
Allietare, a mystery quilt from Bonnie Hunter - 2017 


 
 My blocks for The Quilt Show BOM for 2021. These are parts 1 to 3, from January to March 2021. Quilt design by Wendy Williams. 
I am using hand dyed fabrics. Colors not too realistic in this photo.🙎


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...