Thursday, August 6, 2020

Half Log cabin top

This quilt top was made using 8 inches squares of fabric. 
  • For each block you will need 1- 8"  square of white/black fabric, and 1- 8" square of a color batik fabric. So you will actually make 2 blocks at the same time.
  • Cut a 2 inches strips on one side, rotate the squares 90 degrees and cut another 2 inches strip and continue this way until a 4 inches square is left.  
  • note- I did cut several squares at the same time. I carefully stacked 4 fabrics and cut them all at the same time.
  • Alternate the black and white with the color strips and sew the block on a log cabin fashion way. 
  • Trim to size (my blocks are 6 3/4 inches unfinished), and sew the top together.
I chose to sew my blocks on a diagonal setting and added black  and white triangles to complete the top.
I cut the side triangles using a companion angle ruler from  5" strips of fabric.
The corner triangles were cut using an easy angle ruler from 5 1/4" strip.
This quilt top finishes at 54 1/2" by 68"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...