Thursday, June 25, 2020

Solidarity Quilt Block


Quiltmania magazine has a challenge for us. They are requesting 10 inch (finished), quilt blocks in reds. They will make quilts to donate to health care facilities around the world. You can make a block from the blocks they are giving for free, or one of your own. I made my own design using needle turn applique because I love to applique. It is ready to send when they notify us to do so. 
The second photo is my border for a 2012 quilt by Sentimental Stitches. The original quilt is called Benjamin Briggs. 
The quilt blocks were a BOM with 24 blocks plus a border. I have made 16 blocks; and now I think it is enough to make a large wall hang. 
So, I took one of the blocks and I am adapting to make the borders. It will be a pieced border and much easier to handle as I am needle turning this applique.  I am not using the original border for this quilt.
10.5 inches Solidarity block (unfinished)
16.5 inches by 8 inches border blocks ready to be washed and ironed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...