Saturday, September 24, 2011

Progress for September 2011

Here are some of the blocks I have completed these past couple of weeks. 
This batik block is called Windblown Square and is part of the "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler" quilt. I am making the block of the week (most of the weeks). It finishes at 6" and instructions are in the book by the same name.

 The above blocks and second border are the latest ones I've made for the Stars and Sprigs. These beautiful fabrics on the 4 blocks were given to me by friends. I love the fabrics and the people, so it is all good to me. The border is half done and half  held with pins to be appliqued as time permits (laundry is waiting as I type).
My new quilt is a mini that I received from our Modern Guild swap this month. Bethany made this for me. I totally love it and it hangs on my studio now. She appliqued the 2 flowers, did some machine and hand quilt.
The colors on these pictures are not that great. I did use flash to take them. It is raining outside and it is dark; but we do need this rain really bad. So, I am not complaining.
Personal note:  Muitas Saudades!!!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you like the mini-quilt! It was a lot of fun to make and it was great to try Dresden pltaes for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress! I just love how Stars and Sprigs is coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments. It makes the quilts feel even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cissa - love you work - great use of the wild fabric that I gave you! No one would ever know just how crazy it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you know I love those applique blocks you are working on. I wish I had the time to do that pattern.
    Love the little dresden quilt from your swap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. minha tia tirou o molde da galinha de uma revista . Se você quiser eu te passo poe email o meu emai é iarafebarros@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Texas panel quilt

This quilt top is part of a Bee challenge. We are challenging ouselves to use a panel to make a donation quilt. Now, I will quilt it usin...