Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sylvia's Bridal Quilt

I have started a new quilt. So what's new?
I have this book since last December. It is the "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler" by Jennifer Chiaverini. From the Elm Creek series.
The sampler has 140- 61/2 inches blocks. I will be making the quilt with a friend, so we each will be making half of the blocks. Maybe. We tried to convince others to make it with us; but no takers.
Since I quilt for fun, I will do what is fun for me. But I see the whole thing completed sometime in the future. I am kind of OCD and will probably finish all the blocks.
I am making them in batiks.
There is a web site for people doing this quilt. If you go to http://sylviasbridalsampler.org you will see a gallery of quilts with blocks from this book. But you also will see that there is a BOW- block of the week- session. The deal is: you make the block featured, send it to Lynda with a photo and your information by the end of that week. At the end of the month, she will pick a lucky person from all the e-mails and this quilter wins a pin.
Of course, I want the pin. So I guess I have to get busy and learn how to send the JPEG at 480X480 pixels.
This is a great opportunity to learn this stuff on the Mac, I hope.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! That's a lot of blocks. Good thing you enjoy it, huh? :)

    xoxo

    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...