Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Soot and Ashes Quilt

For the last few months I have been making this quilt top. It is called "Soot and Ashes" and the directions came from the blog: quiltsbycheri.blogspot.com. The blocks are 5 inches finished and she gave the directions for one block at a time. So it was my first mystery quilt. The last part is the appliqué for some of the blocks, sashes, and borders. That is the part that is missing here. I have not been able to work on this top for several weeks. The white paper shows some of the appliqué designs that will be incorporated. The extra block next to my left foot (oh well!) will be my label. I made it with some left over strips; it is not on her instructions. I used black/gold fat quarters; and the gold fabric is about 1 yard I had left over from previous quilt.  I will post the finished quilt. It will be probably next year. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love the gold background!!! Not two minutes ago I finished laying out the applique pieces. I'm using wool and my machine, so I'm thinking it won't take too long once I get a chance to sit down and sew. I'm looking forward to seeing yours completed!!

    ReplyDelete

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...