Friday, October 22, 2010

DOQ Show Donation Quilt Challenge



This is my donation quilt challenge for our 2010 show. The members buy the required fabric (fat quarter)and make a quilt using it. The quilts will than be donated to the children hospitals in our area. Duke University and University of North Carolina children hospitals usually get the quilts. The challenge fabric is the black one with the airplanes on the picture on the right. I enlarged one of the planes for the "dream" cloud. The bunny inspiration came from a Japanese magazine with small bunnies. I just drew a large one looking at the pictures. I used polar fleece for the bunnies and cotton for everything else. The batting (wadding) is also 100% cotton. I hope some kid will be happy with this quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Granada 2024

Working on my applique and enjoying the view.