Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Butterfly Collage

This is an old quilt; but I love it (still).

I made this quilt top on a class given by Susan Carlson sometime around 2013-ish. I did not write the date.

It is my only collage quilt using tacky glue and not a stabilizer like Steem a Seam. It is a pattern provided by Susan; but the fabrics are my own.  My quilt is 23 inches by 31 inches. All fabrics are batiks.

I have not made another quilt like this. I am too compulsive and I still get out the glue and fix some of the raw edges from time to time. It is a great method; but I do prefer the stabilizer to "glue" the pieces down.

Susan recommends to use tulle on top of the collage to help with quilting and also to keep the pieces glued; but I did not use tulle. I considered using it for a long time; but in the end I decided against it. It is another great  texture to be added for sure; but I like it as is.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Granada 2024

Working on my applique and enjoying the view.