Saturday, January 18, 2014

WIP

Birthday blocks
Here it is some work in progress. The top photo contain some of the birthday blocks for my Bee. This is a fun activity we will be doing this year. We make blocks for each other based on directions we share with the Bee. On our birthday month, we receive our blocks from the group. 

The photo below is also work in progress. This is part 1 of a mystery quilt called "Soupçon" by faeriesandfibres.blogspot.ca
It will run for 6 parts and the quilt will finish 36" square. I have not sewn the center hexie yet. Plus, I need to appliqué this pentagon flower to a background. I will wait for the next clue before I decide what to do. I am planning to use a light blue background. But that might change with the next step. 
I guess I am not a very good mystery player. I do like to keep some control. Plus, I am not sure I will keep the yellow. We will see.

Soupçon Part 1
Note: Part 2 is out. I am glad I did not sew on the background. I will change it and the yellow will be changed also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...