Monday, October 15, 2012

Quilt Show Children Challenge Quilts

Our DOQ (Durham-Orange Quilt Guild), Quilt Show for 2012 is only a few days away. If you are in the Piedmont area of NC and want to see a great show go to the attached link for more information. The show will be from October 19-21, 2012 in Durham.   http://durhamorangequilters.com/2012-quilt-show/

Below are my "challenge fabrics" donation quilts. The idea is that you buy a piece of the fabric from the guild and make a quilt for a child. I bought 2 of the fabrics available this year; the car one and the Winnie the Pooh one. Those are the quilts I made. I hope they will be loved to pieces by some little ones.
I will try to get a better photo of the Winnie quilt at the show. 

Car Quilt

Winnie the Pooh  Quilt

This last quilt, is the one that I will donate to the silent auction. Every show we also make small quilts that are used for a silent auction.
The guild donate all the  proceedings to a good cause. 
This year the silent auction money will  be donated to the Make a Wish Foundation. 
As you can see, I was able to save it with 5 sheets of  "Catch All" and two days of rinsing. 
Wedding Ring Quilt
I hope to be able to post pictures of the show soon. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...