Thursday, August 4, 2011

Love of Chickens



If  you know me, you know that I love chickens. The little clay ones are from Brazil. Some are gifts from DH and DS. (Love you guys.)
When I saw this fabric on a local shop, I had to buy it. Have not sewn garments for a while; but here it is a very short skirt (oops) in chicken fabric.
But since this is about quilting too. Here it is: I made a "mug rug" to give to a friend who loves chickens like me. This rug is 6" by 10". Enough to hold her cup of coffee and a cookie or 2. I just cut strips about 2" by 6.5" and a wider one for the featured chickens. The back is all chicken fabric. I quilted with a stitch from my Pffaf that looks like chicken foot prints. I cut the binding at 1.75", so it is more in proportion with the little rug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...