Sunday, February 14, 2016

Birthday block 2016

I am participating once again on my Bee's "birthday block" activity. We each make blocks for each other of our own choice; and on the month of our birthday, we get the blocks that we requested. 
EQ7 Block designed by me
I have requested the "Swoon" block.
I am also learning how to use my EQ7 program; and decided to draft the block at 12 inches size using the program. It was a lot of fun to dust some brain cells. I am so glad I did it.
EQ7 prints templates and rotary cutting directions; and that is what I gave my friends. 
I learned that I should have added more directions than that. It seems that the block has been very challenging to make.
I do hope I still have friends in the end. But I can't wait for July when I get my blocks.
Flying geese unit unfinished size is 3.5" X 2"
Pentagon unit is 3.5" X  3.5"

Corner unit: unfinished 3.5" X 3.5" square
2" X 5"  large rectangle; and  3.5" X  2" small rectangle 
Almost there...

trimming for perfect sizing

65 pieces later.


1 comment:

  1. Of course you are still going to have friends!!!

    ReplyDelete

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...