Monday, February 9, 2015

Sally Post in Pastel Colors

I have had the directions to make this quilt for a long time.
This is the year, I have decided,  to have it "started."
The pattern can be purchased from Sentimental Stitches. Below is the link and a photo of the original quilt.

http://sentimentalstitches.myshopify.com/products/sally-post-floral-sampler

Original Sally Post quilt
The directions come with patterns to make the blocks on point as the picture above, and also to make them straight as in regular rows.
I am making my blocks on point; but I want a wall hanging and not a bed quilt, so I will not make my  quilt top with the square in a square and sashing layout.
I have some ideas on how to finish this top; but it is too early and I know I will probably see something that might change my mind as I go.

 Preparing Sally Post blocks 
 In theory, I am preparing these blocks to take on a trip. But, in reality, I have already completed the applique on a few of them.
I am not trimming them to size, just doing the sewing and putting them away.
Because they are so small and fast to complete, I can't resist to just add one more stitch ^-^
Glue basted blocks with seams turned under for hand applique

close up in shades of gray

1 comment:

  1. Your colors for the block are nice. Spring looking. I have the blocks made but they are much like the version in the Sentimental Quilts picture.

    ReplyDelete

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...