Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Benjamin Biggs Quilt Block 1

This is my first BBQ block. I did modify the block slightly. I did not like the original one very much. I was debating not to make it; but after reading that other people were modifying it, I decided to do the same. The original block name is "Apple Ridge Star" and it was made by Sarah Ellen Landers. So, sorry Sarah; but I had to do it my way.
The photo below show my inspiration for the color choices. It is a page from an old Pottery Barn catalog. I new I would make something with those colors some day.
I don'y trim the blocks until the end, so this will to be trimmed down to 16 1/2"  in a couple of years.
Block 1 modified

color inspiration

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks Lori, was is so inspiring also.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I really like it! Got to finish mine. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Pick a Petal Block of the Month-March

And, so far, I have made a lot of the glorified 9 patch that were available in February and quite a few of the March block, which is quit...